Sunday, January 31, 2010
Where the roots and leaves meet
At Bidadi Ashram, the home of many devotees from many parts of the world, young and old, one can see the magical coming together of technology and ancient spirituality. Some of the typical sights in ashram, which anyone who has spent time at Ashram would relate to:
-Fresh faces at sunrise, with a yoga mat tucked below one arm, guru puja kit in the other hand, streaming into the sabha for the beautiful morning routine
- Rows of laptops at meetings and the accompanying sound of keyboards in action
- Sound of evening aarati song, temple bells, fragrance of camphor and sandal
- Technical team discussions at the restaurant, members being truly international, some blonde, some NRIs, some Indians, but all dressed in Vedic costume (dhoti or saree)
- The delightful sight of an avatar draped in graceful saffron, suddenly appearing in front of you!
- Quiet faces in deep meditation under the mystical banyan tree
- Blackberries downloading emails at real time for enhanced work efficiency
- Spiritual debates and inner healing sessions
- Dancing away to the latest Nithya dance hits
- Gurukul kids playing badminton, football and other games in their playground
- Fashion accessories at Ashram - Rudraksh mala, Nithyananda bracelet, kumkum, vibhuti
- The list goes on...
To summarize, Bidadi Ashram is the most beautiful place on planet earth - where you get to experience the peak of the inner and outer worlds, with joy! After all, it's the home of God!
If you have a sight you want to add to the list, please feel free and leave your comment.
at 2:04 PM